The Questions You Should Ask Your Energy Partner
Today’s energy landscape is more volatile than it’s been in years. And energy prices have risen so sharply businesses have been challenged with how to most effectively manage their risk.
The best energy strategy begins by finding the right partner that will work with you to help you achieve your businesses’ unique goals.
Not sure where to start? If you make energy decisions for your businesses, use this article as a guide for your next conversation with your energy partner.
13 questions to ask your energy partner
- Why do I need to consider the global energy markets?
- What factors have the greatest impact on my energy bill?
- What’s the difference between a fixed price, point-in-time strategy and a flexible buying strategy?
- How would a layered hedging strategy work for my business?
- What contract length should I consider – and why?
- What costs are included in my contract?
- How do you collect and analyze my usage data?
- What energy efficiency benchmarks can you share?
- What efficiency measures could deliver the greatest ROI?
- Which emerging technologies should I consider now?
- How do carbon offsets and renewable energy credits (RECs) work?
- What incentives are available at a federal and state level to support sustainability investments?
- How can your team help me share my sustainability updates?