Click on the questions below to learn more about solar for your home.
On a monthly basis, you will receive:
Utility bill – includes any standard monthly connection charges and fees as well as a charge for any additional electricity you need beyond what your solar PV system has produced
IGS Solar electronic invoice (via email) – includes charges for the power generated at the price per kWh listed in your PPA (also contains your monthly solar payment summary and due date information)
A PPA, or Power Purchase Agreement, is your contract with IGS Solar to purchase the energy coming from the panels. With this contract, you will not incur the cost for the panels, installation, and ongoing maintenance.
No. With a solar lease, you agree to pay a fixed monthly rent payment to use the solar PV system. However, under IGS Solar’s PPA, you only pay for the power produced at an agreed-upon cost per kWh.
- If you have a PPA with an escalator, the price per kWh will increase by a certain percentage (beginning after the first year and each year thereafter).
- If you have a flat rate PPA, your cost per kWh will remain asstated in your PPA.
You may qualify if you meet these requirements:
• You agree to and sign the PPA
• You are able to prove that your name is on the property title as owner
• You pass a credit check and meet IGS Solar’s requirements